The Zero-to-Hero: PV Solar Solution is an introductory course that covers all you need to knwo about the foundation of Photo Voltaic Solar solutions.
What you will learn in this course:
- Once you have completed this online training, you will have gained a solid understanding of PV Solar, the electrical terminology to the design of a basic system.
- This training course covers concepts like electrical terminology, the solar components used in a system, batteries and designing a basic system.
Who should take this course:
- This course is designed for people who are new to the are of PV Solar solutions and aims to provide the knowledge required to plan for PV Solar solutions.
- Module 1 – Photo Voltaic Technology:
- 1st Gen. to 3rd Gen. Photovoltaic cells
- Amorphous cells
- mono crystalline vs Poly crystalline
- Module 2 – Electrical terminology:
- AC vs DC
- Basic Calculations
- Serial and parallel connections
- Module 3 – Solar components:
- Basic system
- Photovoltaic panels
- Battery charges – MPPT vs PWM
- Batteries – Lead acid vs Lithium
- Inverters – Square wave, modified sine wave, pure sine wave
- Hybrid inverters
- DC Switching and protection
- AC Switching and protection
- Mounting hardware
- Module 4 – Designing of a DC System:
- Power need calculation
- Irradiance – sunshine hours
- Battery size calculation
- Panel size calculation
- Charger size calculation
- Wire selection
- System limitations