Training dates: 13-15 October 2020
MikroTik MTCNA online course:
- No need to postpone your training needs till after the lockdown.
- Due to the COVID 19 restrictions, MikroTik granted us special permission to do an online training of their certified trainings and write the exam as soon as legislation allows us to.
- The current course price already include this exam, but exclude all the equipment you need, to do the training as detailed in the “What do you need” section below.
Whom must attend:
- Ideally for Network engineers and technicians wanting to deploy and support networks using MikroTik RouterOS equipment.
- This 3-day, hands-on course will provide you with the skills to configure MikroTik RouterOS as a dedicated router, a bandwidth manager, a secure firewall etc.
- This course covers the basics for those who are new to MikroTik RouterOS and concentrates on the setting-up of a MikroTik device.
What do you need:
- A good internet connection.
- Each participant must be equipped with a Windows 7/8/10 enabled laptop with full administrative rights. WinBox (http://www.mikrotik.com/download) must be up and running on your PC/Mac before the start of the training. (No Windows or Mac support available during the class, WinBox and NetInstall are both Windows based software)
- You will need two RouterBoards, with a minimum of level 3 licensing, a minimum of three Ethernet ports and an 802.11 a, b, g, n radio. Typical RB 931, hAP/hAP Lite or mAP, not mAP lite series. (Both radios in same band 2,4 or 5Ghz)
- Each student must have at least three, CAT5 network cables to reach from the Pc to the MikroTik, and between the MikroTik’s.
Additional (for your comfort)
- A small switch will assist keeping both MikroTik’s connected to your PC eliminating cable switching.
- A second screen or PC make it easier to do the labs.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, STUDENTS NOT COMPLYING WITH THE PREREQUISITES WILL NOT RECEIVE THE LINK TO THE TRAINING AND THEIR ENTRY WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE TRAINING WHERE THERE IS STILL SEATS AVAILABLE.
- No proof of payment for the training will be accepted later than COB on the last Thursday before the next weeks training.
- On confirmation of your seat (payment received), students will receive documentation on the setup of their equipment for use during the course. Students need to mail email@example.com by 12:00 AM the work day before the training with:
1.The Supout.rif file as explained in the documentation.
2. An list of the model numbers of the MikroTik’s that will be used for the training.
- Students need a good understanding of TCP/IP and Subnetting. You can test your TCP/IP and Subnetting knowledge by registering your account on the MikroTik Website (https://mikrotik.com/client/) and completing the “Test your Knowledge” online (https://mikrotik.com/client/trainingSessions)
- Students will receive an invite to attend one of two compulsory webinars on the Friday before the next weeks training, to assure their network and PC is compatible with IpVideoTalk the software we use for the training and to assist with any problems they may have setting up their system as per the received documentation and their account registration on the MikroTik Website.
What do you receive:
NB: Exam dates will be announced on our Training Website and communicated by e-mail to all registered students. These exam days will be at our MiRO’s branches or other venues as negotiated, as soon as legislation allow us to do so.
- On confirmation of your booking you will receive:
1. A free UDEMY online course token assisting with Module 1 of the training.
2. The documentation with the setup instructions to be completed before the training.
3. The day before the training, the course slides and Lab documents.
- After successful completion (passing the exam), you will receive an internationally recognized MTCNA certificate, valid for three years, available as a download from their MikroTik account.
- On participating in the exam, students receive a level 4 MikroTik OS licence, available as a download from their MikroTik account.